How is the American Homestay Network (AHN) different from any other American homestay agencies?
The American Homestay Network (AHN) program is based on the leading and most successful standards based homestay network program in the world – the Australian Homestay Network. AHN provides more than just rooms for rent; we are committed to the highest quality homestay experience for every student and are raising the standards of homestay in the USA and globally.
How is AHN raising the standards of homestay in America?
The AHN mission is to provide the safest, most successful homestay experiences for our students. We understand the concerns and issues from the perspectives of families, educators, students, and agents. Our company was formed by a team of seasoned professionals who are all dedicated to the successful outcome of each and every homestay experience. We have the systems, processes, and overall approach in place to realize our objectives, as well as those of the students, hosts, agents, and educators.
We accomplish this goal through our proprietary processes of selecting and approving host families and matching students to the right hosts, as well as our provision of online training for hosts and students to prepare them for this unique multicultural experience.
In addition, AHN provides a comprehensive suite of services that extend to everyone affiliated with our company. Our agents, students, educators, and hosts all have private access to an online communication portal, ensuring that we can efficiently and effectively deliver the highest quality national homestay experience.
Does AHN accept students of all ages, in all types of programs?
Yes. We have programs for high school, pathway, college and university students which can be both short and long term. All new students over 18 years old who are arriving for their first term of study are recommended to spend a minimum of their first 4 weeks in a properly managed AHN homestay prior to making longer term accommodation arrangements.
What are the benefits of developing a relationship with AHN?
Agents who work with AHN receive the benefits of the decades of experience, processes, and systems that the Australian Homestay Network has accumulated over the years.
The American Homestay Network has secured a long-term exclusive global license for the HMS (Host Management System) technology used by the Australian Homestay Network. This system provides private access to track your students’ progress with their applications, their homestay host matches, and their arrivals, as well as a complete history of all communications relating to their homestay experience. The system automatically makes routine email contact with the student and the host to ensure that the homestay is going smoothly. We collect feedback from students and hosts to support our continued learning philosophy.
What services do you provide?
Our service offerings are comprehensive and provide a compelling reason for agents to work with AHN. Our program includes:
- A full-service national homestay management organization for international students and touring visitors
- A strong national network of experienced staff having placed more than 35,000 international guests students in homestays
- Safe, comfortable homestays near all major education providers throughout the USA
- Certified homestay hosts who complete thorough training and assessment in guest student care and cultural exchange
- A team of professional and dedicated staff to assist throughout the entire homestay experience and your ongoing relationship with AHN
- Secure access to our system for tracking applications, homestay details, payment histories, and more
- Airport transportation services
- Online cultural host training and testing
- Online student orientation
- 24/7 student support line
Where do you currently have homestay hosts?
We have a fast growing community of homestay hosts in many States across the country. Please contact us to discuss your specific geographical homestay requirements.
What requirements does AHN hold for its hosts?
At AHN, we hold our hosts to the highest standards. Our hosts are rigorously screened including a criminal background check and they are matched carefully with each student. Hosts are expected to welcome a student warmly into their home and help them become familiar with the American lifestyle so they are successful during their time in our program. AHN host families must speak clear and correct English and are expected to provide students with
- a clean, comfortable private bedroom with place to study
- a choice of meal plans
- inclusion in host activities based on student interest
- internet access (there may be a charge depending on the household)
- information on how to access public transportation