American Homestay Network – South Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach)
South Florida is a region of the U.S. state of Florida, comprising the southernmost part of the state. South Florida includes Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach areas and is the only part of the continental United States with a tropical climate. There are many great ESL schools, High Schools and Universities in this area. Come study in the sunshine State!
Fun Facts About South Florida
- Miami is the most southerly major city in the continental United States.
- The art deco nightclub district in South Beach is regarded as one of the best in the world.
- Fort Lauderdale is called The Venice of America.
- Beachgoers can enjoy Palm Beach County’s nearly 50-mile shoreline year around. Offshore, divers and snorkelers will find more than 20 teeming reefs in waters warmed by the Gulf Stream.
- Clean beaches with pristine sand are the hallmark of this coastal destination.
- Winter in South Florida is a dream for snowbirds and all other warm-blooded mammals.
- The average low temperature in January is 58 degrees Fahrenheit, and the city receives over 3,000 hours of sunshine every year!
Schools in South Florida
Fort Lauderdale Preparatory School is a family-owned and family-oriented college preparatory school and has been for over 30 years. Fort Lauderdale Prep students receive personalized education in a private school setting. Students gain confidence as they learn and share knowledge with others. Students prepare to shape the future of the world from within the boundaries of the Fort Lauderdale community campus.
The Lingua Language Center at Broward College combines Lingua’s proven track record of successful language learning since 1998 with the extensive academic resources of the second largest institution of Higher Education in South Florida. Our two Centers are located in two of the most fascinating South Florida Cities: Fort Lauderdale & Weston.
International Preparatory School is located in beautiful Deerfield Beach, FL. Deerfield Beach is short distance from major cities such as Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. IPS is an ESL school specializing in an intensive English program targeted for internationals students from diverse cultural backgrounds. You will not only enjoy beautiful sunny Florida but also improve your English in a short amount of time.
Since 1999, NS Aviation’s goal has been to provide top quality personalized flight training services to ensure its students become knowledgeable, skillful and safe pilots. The flight school is located at the North Perry Airport in sunny Florida.
Colleges and Universities
University of Miami
Florida International University
Florida Atlantic University
Palm Beach State College
Explore the City
Try a Meetup!
Meetup.com is a collection of groups that put on events called meetups. You can join groups based on your interests. It is a great way to meet new people in South Florida.
You can almost always tip your hat to the end of another perfect day in South Florida. The climate has always been the most important natural resource, which is reflected in its official nickname, the “Sunshine State”.