Host Referral Program
Earn $$ when you refer a host to our program (see terms and conditions below).
Fields marked * are required.
Host Referral Program - The Fine Print
Program Active for Referrals received by June 1, 2013
Enter YOUR name and your Referral's name into the host referral form on our website. You will get paid for your referral at the end of the month after a student has been placed. The busiest time of year is fall quarter; some hosts may not receive placements until August or September. We have short and long term hosting programs.
- You will receive $50 the first time we place a student with an AHN certified host that you referred—if the home is designated as a "Premium" accommodation.
- You will receive $50 the first time we place a student with an AHN certified host that you referred if the host is willing to host minors and provide additional services (transportation or guardianship services) to those students under 18 years of age.
- You will receive $25 the first time we place a student with an AHN certified host that you referred—if the home is designated as a "Standard" accommodation.
Premium vs. Standard vs. Minor
- Premium homestays include homes that are less than 30 minutes total travel time including walking and bus travel to our partner educational institutions or have above average accommodations as determined by the AHN Homestay Manager. These homestay hosts are paid a higher hosting fee when designated as Premium.
- Standard homestays include homes that are located between that require more than 30 minutes total transportation time to the school and have suitable accommodations as determined by the AHN Homestay Manager. These homestay hosts are paid the AHN-USA Standard Hosting Rate.
- Minor Certified homestays are homestay hosts who are willing to host minors who may have additional requirements for transportation or guardianship services. Some of these students attend local high schools while others are attending college.
- When the first student is placed and pays for a Premium, Standard or Minor homestay with a host that you refer, the placement is tracked as a referral placement and the appropriate referral payment is submitted for payment the last Monday or Tuesday of the month to your address on file. Payments will be made via Bank of America Billpay service and will be in the form of an AHN business Check.
A host referral fee will not be paid for a referral if the host is an existing AHN host.